Seeking info on designer ANN FERRE - label on an early 90s winter coat?

50sVintage

Registered Guest
Hi Everyone!

It's been a few years since I visited this wonderful, blessed site. Hope everyone is well.

Does anyone have information on a designer named Ann Ferre? I've a winter coat purchased in the early 90s which I never wore and now plan to sell on eBay. In an online search to price the garment I was surprised to find . . . . . nothing at all about the designer! I looked on eBay, Etsy, Amazon, Ruby Lane, etc. and spent an hour on google, clicking on many dozens of search results, hoping to find the name buried in the stories or stores that came up in the search. Nothing. I don't have pics as the coat is deep in a storage unit but the design was your typical wool/alpaca with straight lines, very long, a very low midi with optional belt. And the label is intact so no mystery there.

My take is that since the designer seems long forgotten there isn't value in the label so the listing would be just whatever a similar non-famous designer coat goes for today. But if anyone does have info about Ann Ferre please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Do you have a picture of the label? I see the coat is in storage, but a picture of the label would help quite a bit.
I intended to dig out the coat today but the facility is a way from here & the day got away from me - I'm trying for tomorrow - - -
Thank you for responding . . . .

Oh my, it's taken me long enough - 14 months, but here I am with some photos. It turned out I misremembered the designer's name. It is An Fere, and here is the label. With the correct spelling, I found a few similar coats on eBay. Thank you, Lynne, for your response last year.

Attachments

• An Fere Wool Ankle Length Coat Alpaca feel (5).JPG
    An Fere Wool Ankle Length Coat Alpaca feel (5).JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 296
  • An Fere Wool Ankle Length Coat Alpaca feel (1).JPG
    An Fere Wool Ankle Length Coat Alpaca feel (1).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 264
Back