Seeking info on Nina Ricci Jacket

Kitkat1343

Registered Guest
Hi, I am new to VFG but I am hoping some one can help! I snapped up what I am hoping is a great Nina Ricci find. I have tried to research online but can't find a similar one. Could some please help me! Looking for some product info on this jacket. It's in pristine condition (looks like it's never been worn). Button details are Suns( front and smaller versions on sleeves). Does this look real? Age? An estimate of pricing? Anything that can help me research would be great. Thanks in advance!!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 228
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 198
It looks very 80's to me. Does (/did) it have shoulder pads? The Boutique label strongly suggests that this is a ready to wear piece sold from a shop the same as we buy our clothing from the highstreet today. Brands around this time liked to evoke a upmarket feeling by adding the word boutique to their labels, but it doesn't mean a lot really.
I love the african/tribal ladies print.

I agree with Melanie that it looks 80s--the shape, and the boldness of the wonderful print.

I have a 90s suit with "editions Boutique" on the label; it was the kind of suit you might have bought in Saks or Neiman Marcus.

Your jacket is definitely ready-to-wear. Ricci began making RTW for export in 1959 and her son Robert opened up the house's first full-fledged RTW boutique in Paris in 1979. I'm not sure whether that's when the "Boutique" label began, but I suspect that's the case.

Thank you for your responses. I thought 80's-90's at first too. It has only slight padding built in on shoulders- like some other current jackets I have. The cleaning labels are first in French and then other languages. The jacket actually seems very tailored. I am 5"3 and the sleeves are cropped above the wrist the waist fit seems more tailored and less "boxy" 80's style. Length wise it's not super long either.... I think the pics may make it look oversized. You have given me some great info- I look forward to any other thoughts or comments! I just love learning about these things- and about things I have purchased:)

Great print! This jacket features shoulders that are too narrow for the '80s and lapels that are too wide so I'll put this one into the early '90s which fits with the more tailored style too. I suspect it had a matching mini skirt originally.

The button is interesting - no buttonhole, just for display? I wonder if it's an addition.

Thank you! There is a button hole- it was hidden by the stripes in the picture. There are all 2 smaller suns on each of the cuffs( see attached). I wish I could find some pictures or references on so e of her corresponding styles online.. I would love to see what a matching mini would look like :) or have a frame of reference for the collection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 200
Back