Swirl Wrap Dress - what are these horses doing?

route66gal

Registered Guest
I think I originally asked about this a year or so ago on the private board - and never listed the darn thing.

My question is this - what are these horses and riders doing? Some kind of hunt? They're sorta just riding around in groups, but they're dressed like Ninjas :P

Thanks!

OCT-223.jpg

swirl3.jpg

-Melanie

Ninjas?!

They look like jockeys to me :) - note the jockey's caps, and boots with their tan tops (although that style of boot would be seen on foxhunters & steeplechase jocks too). I'd characterize it as an (impressionistic) race-day or horse racing print.

Very pretty!

Carolyn

I get a very impressionist-esque broad stroked rendition of horses and jockeys. I can see where ninjas is said because they are done with such roguh strokes or maybe the print is slightly offset and it almost look like the splotches of color that are the background are part of their heads, etc.
they have no hands!! it could be a hunt scene, but i was just thinking jockeys because they were sort of all walking in procession like a post parade vs going after a fox and were all going in the same direction. and the shirts or jackets are different colors. I see sorta the "bill" of the front of riding helmuts and some look distorted because they are not all side views, but some facing you.

But it could be going off to a hunt too.

I think it is just one of those things where it could be open to interpretation of whoever looks at it.

and the only way i am coming up with anything is i am extremely tired :)

LOL, thanks, all! Steeplechase - that's what I was trying to think of. It's definitely an unusual print. When I was thinking they looked like ninjas on horseback, that was fatigue talking here, too! :D I'll throw in "jockey, foxhunt, steeplechase", etc.

Thanks again!

-Melanie

Yeh, I second the steeplechase jockeys thing - kind of like the long-stirruped pose 18th-19th century flat & jump jockeys are shown in. Also like a watercolour tinted print...
hope it does well!
L

The first thing I thought (after I stopped laughing about ninjas on horseback LOL - but maybe you should keep that because I HAD to look!) was racing. Although their stirrups are too long.

Deb

I had to look again - notice that 1 guy in the middle - he must be levitating.

Anyway, it's a really cute print.

Deb

Back