This is 90s, not 80s, right?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

not too exciting, but i am like some sort of bee or something who is attracted to bright colors....

When I found this crested raw silk jacket I thought "hmmm...later 80s...VTA here I come" But now that it is on the half girl...i am thinking definitely 93-94 ish. the interesting thing is the buttons are brass and surprisingly heavy. if you swung your jacket on your arm and hit someone with it , it would really sting.

Whaddya think?

If I am horribly wrong, it'll be VTA, if i am right, which I am pretty sure i am... it will may very well be in the mall until spring rolls around and it will be on ebay then if its around.

[​IMG]

Chris

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Looks early 90s to me as well. I recently found an old home video of an event from 1992 and was STUNNED by the clothes. They are what most people would think of as being 80s -- mini skirts with strong shoulder-line mannish cut jackets, lots of bright jewel and primary colours, big patterns on stockings and some clothing, and BIG jewellery. And this was a video of fashion journalists, so they were hip to the trends -- this wasn't a bunch of left over styles being worn past their 'best before' date. I was wearing a black and white polka-dot shirt with a black suit! It was too funny. I would say your jacket fits into that time frame really well.

3. Patentleathershoes

i think a big difference is that you see softer details on the 90s jackets...it may have bigger shoulders, but it might have a softer shawl collar, and a nipped in waist, vs the 80s which was all about angularness, at least to me anyways.

4. Patentleathershoes

and the mini skirts were designed as minikskirts instead of the skirt just "ending" or "being short"..but that's just my opinion

5. Patentleathershoes

i made up my mind and put it in my ebay store...it might just get some looks syphoned off from some suit auctions i have/will have.

and by the way...were the polka dots tasteful pinpoints or "look out here comes bozo?" (or a twister mat?) hee hee.

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

definately bozoesque... 50 cent coin size...