Trying to Date this Brooch

FabFinds

Registered Guest
Hello! I have this gorgeous pot metal brooch (at least I think it's pot metal) that I'd love to know from what decade.

The cast is very rough in the area of the petals has a soft gold finish which I'm pretty sure is gold plate. I used some Twinkle silver polish on the pin and it reacted as gold would. The rhinestones appear to be crystal. The sparkle on them is quite dazzling in any light and in direct light they reflect rainbow hues. The glass pearl has an aurora borealis finish.
Swarovski Flower Brooch A.jpg
Swarovski Flower Brooch E.jpg

I want to add that I was just holding this in the sunlight and almost blinded myself. LOL! OK, not quite but spots before my eyes for sure. I'm quite blown away by the brilliance of these stones (and drawn to it like a moth to flame). I did see a slightly similar brooch online that the seller was describing as art nouveau style. I have no clue if that's accurate or not when it comes to floral brooches and that era. I would put it at pre 50s as a wild guess. Hoping someone might have better insight than me.

It's quite beautiful FabFinds. It appears to be on the contemporary side, but I'm sure you'll receive more opinions shortly.

Thank you, Laura. I have to comment on your avatar. How adorable. That kitty must be very laid back. I have a tortie point Himalayan with an attitude. She'd look faaabulous in that attire but would be quite upset if I dared to dress her up. She'd never forgive me. =)

Back