Underware or Swim Trunks?!? I'm trying to identify this item...

little-bea

Registered Guest
Underware or Swim Trunks?!? I\'m trying to identify this item...

Hi
I ended up with tons of these <i>Klingtite Jersey Knit</i> trunks after buying a box lot at an estate sale. The women these belonged to did piecemeal (?) work and used to make these. I'd really appreciate any input re: the date they were made as well as if they actually are swim trunks for men?? (I love this site...this is the first time I've written in & am hoping someone can help me!!!!)

more pics of klingtite trunks

here is another pic. The interior has a knit panel in the front. I can send more pics if it will will help.

WElcome little-bea!!!

I don't know!

But i don't think jersey knit would have been for underware. But that is just my gut reaction. There were a lot of swim suits done in wool and other knits 50s and prior. My first gut were they were ladies high waisted bikini bottoms, but they could very well be guys...

maybe a bigger expert will come along!

Chris

I would only be taking a guess, too. I have never seen anything like this.

I do think these would be nice underwear with good support. However, I suppose they could be used as a swimsuit.

I'm not much help, am I?:)

They look like men's swim trunks to me. I don't think it's underwear and women didn't wear swim suits so revealing back then.

Hmm....so maybe a more supportive type of thing...i am not used to thinking jersey knit=underwear unless it was some type of specialty thing? maybe for winter?

They are mens trunks. To 'sell' them for $$, you will need to get a ½ male manni.(bottom half-well endowed)(I have one and it DOES HELP TO SELL the underwares!!!!) :bouncy:

Make sure you show a semi-side view of the item(on manni!) Use klingtite and kling tite in the title of your item. You won't have to do much else, just describe what the fabric is, how it hugs the body, etc. :USING:

Have fun with these! oh, don't list them all at the same time -- unless they are different colours and sizes!

Yes, def a man trunk....I've seen some good old pictures of fellows in these, and may I say, they are SNUG!
May not be a bad idea to throw one of those old pics in with your auction, too. Try an old Sears catalog or old wartime magazine....I have one around here somewhere!

Jenn

well, i definitely learned something today. but perhaps these were more utilitarian and actually for swimming and not just lounging around cabana size, hence the not as baggy look that we are used to seeing.

Actually, the half mannequin/lower torso forms are not that pricey at all that Gayle speaks of.

Chris

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback! A man-manni is definately on my list of things to buy. (My husband gave me a twisted/funny look and left the room when I asked him to model them & my son dissappeared to a friends house really really quick!!! LOL ) Thanks again!!!!!

Back