Union Made label

Hello all! *waves*

It's been all too long since I visited the VFG, so I hope there are still some familiar faces around?

I have a hat, with a Union label, and as a Brit, I'm a bit dense as far as Union labels are concerned. Is there any way to date the hat from this? It doesn't look like the other labels I've seen on guides. Thank you in advance!

Liz

velvetberet-label.jpg

velvetberet1.jpg

Hello!! Of course! I'm guessing late Fifties, but the label just looked odd, kind of older. But maybe it's just different because it's a hat!

Liz,

Hi! Great to see you on the Forums.

I know there are some members here know of websites that are helpful with Union labels and dating, so I am sure they will pipe in. I only wanted to say that I personally have never used Union labels in dating my hats. If you post a photo of the hat than I, and others, may be able to help on dating. But if you want a specific year, perhaps a union label can do that, I just ever looked into that.

What I do on that end is this: When I find a union label on a hat that I am going to sell or pass along, I make a written note of it in a notebook as to the date that I have determined the hat to be. That way if I find another hat with that similar label numbers, it may help. But I really never have even referenced my own notes!

B

I bought it because I love chenilles and velvet, in my very Seventies way, but sadly it's too small for me. I love the autumnal colours!!

velvetberet-detail.jpg

I have been doing a bit of clearing out and I’ve found this union made hat and wondered if there was now a database of serial numbers to help date it? Here are some pictures too which might help!

thanks for any of your insights,

Charlotte x

Attachments

• IMG_5502.jpeg
    IMG_5502.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5504.jpeg
    IMG_5504.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 44