Unusual Pendleton Label...

RustySpurVintage

Registered Guest
Hi! So I've gotten pretty good with dating Pendleton's, but I did recently come across one that is giving me some trouble. I was wondering if you would mind giving it a look? It has an unusual label. Instead of the square label it has one of those folded over rectangular labels (vtg Woolrich clothes have this kind a lot of times). The label also does not appear to have a woolmark on it anywhere (a bit of the label is missing, but it doesn't look like it would have been under there). However, the label definitely looks like one of the old school labels. And the fact that it is missing the woolmark would suggest (from previous conversations with fuzzylizzie) that it is pre-1964. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks as always!

Attachments

• pendletoncopy.jpeg
    pendletoncopy.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5111.JPG
    IMG_5111.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_5120.JPG
    IMG_5120.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 275
Even though there is not a Woolmark, I don't think this label is terribly old. I believe I sent a photo of a current label, and it does not have the Woolmark either.

The cut out notch might mean that it was a factory "second" with a slight defect, or that it was sold as a "no return."

They have label information on the Pendleton Menswear Facebook page, in the "notes" section, but I am having a heck of a time finding the link.

I think that is contemporary too - my husband won a shirt from them in a contest and I think it has the same label (it's put away for the summer). Their stuff is still great!

Back