Victorian fashion

Oops, I think this is the wrong forum. The link was posted in the Costume Society newsletter.
I'll post more about CSA. Many members are curators and educators, but membership is open to anyone interested in fashion.

Claire,

I was lucky enough to see the exhibition "The Cult Of Beauty" a few years back at the DeYoung Museum. It was one of my most enthralling experiences at a museum ever. As a big fan of the era's fashion and lifestyles, and a former collector of the fashions and textiles, it actually made me cry from happiness to see so many beautiful items in person. One of the olive velveteen robes/cloaks they had was much like one I owned at the time. And I especially got excited to see Oscar Wilde's velvet "little boy" suit that he wore when he toured America.

I did not know Melissa had left as curator. The museum itself is beautiful and right there high up over SF bay with gorgeous views. Breathtaking!

Melissa left maybe 20 yrs. ago. She has her own consulting business. One of her first jobs was to help Thailand start a fashion museum.
All of the exhibitions since she left have been collaborations with other museums or fashion houses.

Back