Vintage Diaper Bag - Louis Vuitton-like pattern (but not)

ForgottenMachines

Registered Guest
Hi! So, for my first post here, this might be "out there", and please forgive me if it is...but here goes.

I have this thing for wanting to find obscure things from my childhood on the internet, and this is one that just keeps coming back to me every time I see a Louis Vuitton bag anywhere.

I was born in 1972, and the diaper bag my mother used was pretty much exactly this style, square corners, cardboard sides wrapped in vinyl covering, with two flaps that hinged on the top, just like these examples:

Mom+had+one.jfif

Sweet+Vintage+Baby+Things.jfif

EXCEPT, the pattern AND colors looked SO much like what we would all recognize as a classic Louis Vuitton pattern, but without the LV, just the geometric designs.
LV-Floor-Design.jpg

The colors were very similar, brown background, and gold or yellow design print. But no LV, I would have remembered that...

This bag stuck around for quite a while, until I was about 12 or 14. My mom kept it around for my sister, who was 5 years younger than me, and then she kept our cherished baby toys in it for a time.

So, does anyone have any idea what kind of pattern could have been on this bag? Has anyone seen any baby bag accessories that resemble this from that era? My family was very frugal back then, and couldn't care less about expensive designer accessories, so I can't imagine that it actually WAS a Louis Vuitton bag of any kind, but the designs just look so similar in my memory.

Anyway, thanks all for entertaining my rather silly quest to find examples of things in my memory...

If I come across a family picture with it in the background, I'll include that as well.

Thanks, everyone!

Back