Vintage Pierre Balmain flight jacket - Please Identify!

jheyslay

Registered Guest
Hello,

I was given this Pierre Balmain jacket by a relative a few years ago, and I have yet to find any information on it. Around what year was this jacket made? What is the story behind it, if any?

Was this one of the jackets designed by Pierre Balmain for the air force?

Also, what would be the approximate value on a piece like this?

I would really appreciate any kind of information about this jacket!

Thank you for your time.
IMG_9117.jpg IMG_9118.jpg IMG_9119.jpg IMG_9120.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The label doesn't look like any in the label resource, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not Balmain - although I should note that we can't authenticate or price here (as per the terms of the forums).

Are there any other labels and can you get a better shot of the one you have - I can't read the word under Balmain - it looks like "B..S...A..S" is this so? There should be labels in the side seams or pockets that tell you fabric composition and country of origin.

Also: if you photograph it being worn it will be easier to determine silhouette but from here it looks '80s to early '90s so it was probably designed after Balmain's death (assuming authenticity).

The badges are likely additions, not original to the design. Certainly the "Special Forces" one and perhaps "Bomber". Leather bomber jackets were big in the '80s so this could point to it originally being attached to the jacket. If you look under the badges to determine if they've been glued (heaven forbid) or sewn on, you'll see if they're post-production - original badges will be applied just to the leather, so there will be no marks on the lining, as they were sewn during manufacturing.

Thanks for the reply. Just checked the patches and they are all sewn on. What is this Afrika Kueros on the tag? Here are some pics for silhouette purposes (excuse the hoodie)

IMG_9123.jpg IMG_9131.JPG IMG_9130.JPG IMG_9129.jpg IMG_9128.jpg IMG_9122.jpg

Back