Vintage toscana lamb fur coat

Heymamawolf

Registered Guest
Hi! I have this vintage toscana lamb fur coat, don’t know much about it so wanted to see if anyone has any guesses as to when it was made? ☺️ there are no labels so maybe the lining was replaced? Inside the pocket is the only label that says 100% viskose for the lining. It is incredibly soft and incredibly heavy! My other question is what is the best way to store this coat? It seems very heavy for a hanger and I don’t want to damage it thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• IMG_7666.jpeg
    IMG_7666.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7667.jpeg
    IMG_7667.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7668.jpeg
    IMG_7668.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi there, does that have a label inside that says it’s toscana lamb? It appears to be mouton lamb that has a dyed and stenciled leopard print .
If you have a photo of the lining that would be helpful to determine age.
The best way to store the coat would be hanging it inside in a cool spacious area without exposure to light, moisture, or harsh chemicals such as cleaners, bleach, or mothballs.

Hi there, does that have a label inside that says it’s toscana lamb? It appears to be mouton lamb that has a dyed and stenciled leopard print .
The best way to store the coat would be hanging it inside in a cool spacious area without exposure to light, moisture, or harsh chemicals such as cleaners, bleach, or mothballs.
Hi! No labels except the viskose for the lining, I’ll attach a photo of the lining, it has two strips off the the side, do you know what those are for?

Attachments

• IMG_7701.jpeg
    IMG_7701.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 13
I have a video showing the density and texture but don’t think it will let me upload here

I have a video....but don’t think it will let me upload here
I believe video has to be hosted elsewhere, and can then be linked to here. If you click on the video icon, it will spell out your hosting options.

Hi! No labels except the viskose for the lining, I’ll attach a photo of the lining, it has two strips off the the side, do you know what those are for?
That was a great picture of the lining. Thank you. The fur is mouton lamb and I’d date it to the 50s. The design as well as the llning fabric, and the color are all helpful in determining age.
Viscose in light color tones; lighter browns, champagne, and salmon colored linings were commonly used at the time.
The collar, shape, and sleeves all told me 50s initially, but I wanted to see the lining to be sure because any portion of a garment that can further confirm the age is worth looking at for assured accuracy.
The strips off the side of the lining I’m not sure about. Can you show me that area please or the area where I can see one of the strips?

That was a great picture of the lining. Thank you. The fur is mouton lamb and I’d date it to the 50s. The design as well as the llning fabric, and the color are all helpful in determining age.
Viscose in light color tones; lighter browns, champagne, and salmon colored linings were commonly used at the time.
The collar, shape, and sleeves all told me 50s initially, but I wanted to see the lining to be sure because any portion of a garment that can further confirm the age is worth looking at for assured accuracy.
The strips off the side of the lining I’m not sure about. Can you show me that area please or the area where I can see one of the strips?
Thanks for the info! I love learning about vintage pieces, I’m semi new to collecting vintage clothing, so appreciate the help! Do you have an email I can send the video to? I’ll post the inside strips tomorrow

Thanks for the info! I love learning about vintage pieces, I’m semi new to collecting vintage clothing, so appreciate the help! Do you have an email I can send the video to? I’ll post the inside strips tomorrow
If you want to take pictures of the strips I should be able to tell by those. If you still want to create a video that’s okay too, and you can share right here.

If you are on an iPhone:
  1. Select the video that you'd like to share.
  2. Under the video player, tap share.
  3. Select copy link, and then you can paste the link here.
If you are on an android mobile device:
  1. On your mobile device, open the Google Photos app .
  2. Sign in to your Google Account.
  3. Select a photo, album or video.
  4. Tap Share .
  5. Under 'Share to apps', select another app to share to. Swipe left to find more apps.
  6. To create and share a link, tap Create link, and then share here.
If you have trouble doing that you can add your video to fb, make it public, click on the video, copy the url link, and then share the link here.

If you want to take pictures of the strips I should be able to tell by those. If you still want to create a video that’s okay too, and you can share right here.

If you are on an iPhone:
  1. Select the video that you'd like to share.
  2. Under the video player, tap share.
  3. Select copy link, and then you can paste the link here.
If you are on an android mobile device:
  1. On your mobile device, open the Google Photos app .
  2. Sign in to your Google Account.
  3. Select a photo, album or video.
  4. Tap Share .
  5. Under 'Share to apps', select another app to share to. Swipe left to find more apps.
  6. To create and share a link, tap Create link, and then share here.
If you have trouble doing that you can add your video to fb, make it public, click on the video, copy the url link, and then share the link here.

Here are the strips that match the lining, they are under the right arm. My last question is how do you distinguish mouton fur versus Toscana? This was sold to me as toscana, so wondering if I paid too much I love it either way but curious for future what differentiates them, is one more expensive than the other etc. thank you for the help!! I appreciate

Attachments

• IMG_7771.jpeg
    IMG_7771.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 5
Here are the strips that match the lining, they are under the right arm. My last question is how do you distinguish mouton fur versus Toscana? This was sold to me as toscana, so wondering if I paid too much I love it either way but curious for future what differentiates them, is one more expensive than the other etc. thank you for the help!! I appreciate

Thank you. That’s an inside belt that was intended to further secure the coat from the inside and to prevent the closures from pulling due to the weight of the coat and gravity.
Not really intended for comfort or for the beauty of design, but rather to protect the integrity of the garment.

Back