Vivienne Westwood VALUE 70S VELVET DRESS???

justjealous

Registered Guest
My friend gave me this vivienne westwood dress, i just want to make sure its authentic, she said it was from the seventies, i was just wandering if any knew how much i could sell this item for aswell
please help guys :):help:

xxx

I was under the impression her clothes were sold under her store names until 1981 when she started World's End as her 'off the rack' store and a higher label under her own name, so no clothes appear with her name in the them until the 80s... Why I think that I am not sure - perhaps someone else will come along who knows for sure. These are vague recollections from the dusty corners of my brain...

its says 2 on the white label?made in england.. it also has no washing label inside completely free from them other the one on the back of the neck.thanks the interest!!xxx

Well, according to the book by Tracy Tolkien, Vivienne Westwood has been using the orb logo only since 1987. Can't say more, this is the information I have here. World's End started in 1980 or 81, and her first runway collection "Pirates" was shown in 81.

Karin

So maybe late 80s early nineties? Does anyone know roughly how much a guide price would be selling this item, and how i would go round selling it? any certain websites that would be ideal for this dress???x

Back