Wanting your advise

bug12oz

Registered Guest
I had an ideal of putting a classified section on my website. I have a friend of mine that wants to sell some of her grandmother's stuff. I want to help and think that putting a classified section for people would be a nice added feature and drive in some business for me.

Here's the ideal:

they have the ad for 30 days.
They have to have email address on the ad.
All contact and responsiblity would be between the 2 parties. I would be more or less like a message board.

Your thoughts and comments would be greatly noted and appreciated.....

That's a neat idea Jamie. People love "features"

If you were doing something like that, however, I would be sure to write up a disclaimer. Put it in writing that you are not responsible and hold no liability for transactions or dealings and you do not endorse or guarantee the content of the ads. That is very important, whether they are friends or not. It can't be just implied. Would you charge at least a small fee for it?

Also make sure that it leads directly back to and in promotion of your site...that it works not just as a service for people, but to directly bring traffic to you. Otherwise you are just directing people away from your merchandise/site.

since you have the venue to sell clothing, and your friends might have more hurdles because people really can't see the items, what about considering having your friends consign items to you from time to time or buying them outright? It might give you some more variety of sizes and types of items on your site as well.

I think it is such a neat thing that you are selling things your grandmother/family had. However, as time goes by, even though you have a ton of things to put up, you might find that another source like that could give you some variety in sizes available. That is the real hurdle of selling one estate, so to speak, is the sizes will be pretty much in a limited range.

Good idea - but as Chris says, you need a disclaimer which is applicable to both the sale and the purchase.
Good luck!

Back