windsmoor label? - dating help much appreciated!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Hattysattic, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

hello all

i know windsmoor to be a british tradition, and still going strong, but have a feeling this jacket is an older one?

50's is my first thought, maybe 60's? it's a black very fine boucle (right?), and i think it's ben altered very professionally (and a long time ago) to be made bigger, by adding an inverted v shape in the back. this means the original shape is a bit hard to gauge.

the button loops and pocket seams have a very triangular feel to them. so sorry about the pics, i hate selling darker clothes!

tia!

harriet

[​IMG]

the coat front

[​IMG]

button and loop detail, lightened

[​IMG]

back of coat with 'v' detail

[​IMG]

big label

[​IMG]

worsted label

and yes, i wish i'd picture it with a sparkly pin but i am not getting the camera back out now....

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Not sure I am thinking late 50's but could be wrong. The back inverted pleat are you sure they added that later just seems like it would be a hard fabric to try and match up.

I would consider it boucle.

Very nice quality!

3. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

it is nice isn't it! i wish it fit me:(

not sure when it was added - you can see that the lining has been altered a little inside at the back vent (lines of stitch holes either side of the ' v' , but hard to see any changes externally.

i think you're right and i'm going to go with late 50's, as it's pretty boxy which would fit

thanks so much!

4. Yes, I am thinking 50s, too. Very nice.