Winter Sales??

bug12oz

Registered Guest
Okay guys.

I have a few questions here. This will be my first time selling vintage in the winter and I was wondering what kind of speicals do you run?

Like at Halloween?
Thanksgiving?
Xmas?

Like free shipping for Xmas?
Do you create a special page for Halloween idea's for costumes?

Thanks so much for your advise and help in advance.
:kiss::headbang:

I find fall and winter are the best time to sell. I like to put all my prom gowns and items that could be used for a halloween costume on starting the 3rd week of September.

Dressy dresses do will starting in early November when people are starting the think about Holiday wear.

I have never did any specific "speicals" during that time as Ebay has always done well for me during this time frame.

Do you create a special page for Halloween idea's for costumes?

That is a great idea to put together a whole costume and sell it all in one auction! I just may try that this year!

Sometimes it is not so much a discount but availability. Stock up with items that are gift apropriate like scarves, vintage jewels, nicer sewing books, ties, cufflinks, bags, etc. certain types of hats too. More importantly, be available. "i am away from X date to X date" doesn't work around the holidays if you expect to sell, if you ship once a week arrange so you can ship more frequently around the holidays (even running up to halloween), even if it involves someone occupying the kids. And answer inquiries quickly. Check every few hours instead of every night. The difference between a sale in the final days up to teh holidays and someone buying somewhere else is answering queries promptly.

Sometimes people ask questions around the hoidays that you might find silly/obvious but sometimes people inquire more or less to make sure there is a person on the other end available to them, versus placing an order and not being sure if the item is really earmarked for them. I know much of vintage is one of a kind, but oftentimes someone else may have an item that fits the same need.

I have several items that I think would be great Halloween costumes. 2 different flapper dresses that with the right jewelry, would be perfect. And my grandmother has found several prom dresses.....

Keep the thoughts and ideals coming, I am reading and learning.

Back