Would love to know about this GOYA scarf, marked Dali?

glamoursurf

Alumni
g1_026.jpg
g4_024.jpg
g5_021.jpg

Would love to know about any info on this marked GOYA scarf. I think it also has the signature of Dali?

Last edited:
Thanks, Baile Espanol is Spanish dance, I take that to be the name of the etching.
Dali appears to have reworked? a series of etchings in 1977 called Les Caprices de Goya, I haven't found it but this may be an etching from that series. They are mostly victorian style dramatic scenes with bold block colours applied on top.

Found it:
https://www.museodelprado.es/goya-en-el-prado/obras/ficha/goya/joven-bailando-al-son-de-una-guitarra/?tx_gbgonline_pi1[gocollectionids]=12&tx_gbgonline_pi1[gosort]=d

This etching isn't from the series that Dali reworked, which explains why I couldn't find it there! But that is what led me to the link above.

This scarf looks earlier than Dali's version of Goya's etchings to me, maybe 50s-60s? Still looking for the link with the colours...

Working on the fact the other text was in Spanish I'm trying to translate the printed handwriting, the first word could be Indgnas which is unworthy. Can you get another close up so I can better read the lower word please?

Last edited:
Thanks that's better. I would have to check with someone better versed in Idioms to be sure but I think it's along the lines of a formal depreciative remark about the signature, it seems to read 'my unworthy mark' - something like saying 'your humble servant'?.

Back