Yves Saint Laurent shirt label and dating

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Paige H, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Paige H

Paige H Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I bought this Yves Saint Laurent shirt in a charity shop the other day and need some help dating it. I looked at the label resource and the most similar I would say is the 1980s with the blue border, just wondering if anyone has seen this specific ‘Paris’ label before and has any more information on it? I found a few similar shirts on Vinted and Depop which have the same label and also have the care label on the outside. It also looks like a label has been cut out of my shirt, and judging by the other ones I saw online it’s the fabric content label. One shirt was exactly the same just a different colour and the fabric is 65% polyester and 35% cotton. I am also curious as to why the care label is on the outside? I’d love to hear other people’s opinions, thank you!

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Looks more early 90’s to me or late 80’s, though the was. Yves Saint Laurent started mass producing shirts around this time. The care label looks earlier though. Could you post a clear close up of the care label side.

3. Paige H

Paige H Registered Guest

Oooh okay good to know, thanks! Here are the close up pics

Attached Files: