1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article about Lea Stein Jewelry

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by cmpollack, Jan 5, 2017.

1. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I didn't realize that she was a "hidden child" during the Holocaust, or that she is 80 years old and still producing her handmade brooches!

The article has some interesting info about her production methods, and the anecdotes about Madeleine Albright's "language of the pin" are great fun! :)

The Colorful World of Jewelry Designer Lea Stein

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Thank you very much. I have a TON of her stuff from the 70s.

cmpollack likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the informative post! And that book about Madeleine Albright's pins sounds fascinating - that is something that I didn't know about, but I think I have to have this book!

cmpollack likes this.
  4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Cin--would love to see pictures of your collection!

Karin--the book is on my wish list too. It sounds like a terrific read! :USETHUMBUP:

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I will share gladly... JUST began sorting through it yesterday in fact.

cmpollack likes this.
  6. I have lots of her FOX pins, of course.....would anyone think otherwise!!!! But a few others, too! I've always loved the interesting use of laminates in Lea Stein jewelry. Will try to share some of my collection, too.

stein02.jpg
    stein13.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  7. Forgive the bad photos....snapped very quickly without the benefit of good lighting. I love the backs as much as the front sometimes....check out these back on the fox head pins! stein15.jpg

steinfoxback.jpg

stein17.jpg

stein16.jpg

8. I covet that Josephine Baker pin!

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great collection, Bonnie. I love the doggie pin you have...and of course I would also love to run across the Josephine Baker one!

10. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Wow, what a stunning collection, Bonnie! Love the dog, and the hair comb, and ALL THOSE FOXES! :wub:

And thanks so much for showing the backs of the fox heads--I would never have guessed they are so beautiful on the reverse, too. Kind of reminds me of the way MCM enamelled copper jewelry is sometimes lovely, and different, on both sides.

11. The small pin with stripes has a paper label on the back and I thought that was pretty neat. I love the Terrier pin, too, because Terriers hold a special place in my heart.
    stein26.jpg