1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite winter coat!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Jan 18, 2016.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
  2. Shygarden

Shygarden Alumni

I love your coat!

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great find! All my winter coats are vintage or second hand - and I love them all. These are my vintage ones:

This 70s nutria fur car coat is great when it gets really cold here. Found in a thrift shop in Vienna. Fur coats are much more common there still than here. I usually get some strange looks on the street when I wear it. But there is really nothing more warm than fur! fur1.jpg

And then I have this beautiful 50s coat that has an extra warm inner lining, which also makes it perfect for super cold days:
    50s coat.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  4. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I love your coat and all the coats so far. I am waiting on my dream coat to arrive in the mail which may take a few weeks but I will come back and post here when it arrives.

5. peaceful vintage

Beautiful Linda. The scalloped cape is Russian squirrel fur, the second jacket is civet which is also called spotted skunk, and the last coat has a mink fur collar. :)

Pinkcoke likes this.
  6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Yes - I am anxious to see Caryn's dream coat as well. Here's something fun I had pulled off Pinterest and I had been meaning to show it to Caryn.

caryn.jpg

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. peaceful vintage

Oh, nice, nice, nice. I love that raccoon pants outfit. I would so wear that even in the heat of summer...haha.

Now I am nervous to show my dream coat. I will have to live up to the expectations and maybe add some gold and diamonds to it...hehe.