1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full slip not sure of fabric or period

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LustNLuxVintage, Aug 26, 2014.

1. LustNLuxVintage

LustNLuxVintage Registered Guest

IMG_7474.jpg IMG_7473.jpg IMG_7486.jpg IMG_7495.jpg

Attached Files:

2. LustNLuxVintage

There are no tags attached, fabric feels crisp, but not as crisp as taffeta nylon. It is more flowy than taffeta nylon. Thanks!

3. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

It "feels" 1940's to me, rayon.
    Marian

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I get the sense that this is an under slip that came with a matching dress (probably lace, etc), and was not meant to be worn alone. Looks to be later 1940s to 1950s but hard to say for sure. My guess is a it is an acetate or acetate rayon blend.

5. My vote is '40s acetate taffeta, as Barbara said came with a matching overdress, probably either a sheer printed nylon or a lace.

Does it have a side opening? Is it a metal zipper or hooks and eyes or press studs? I suspect it's been shortened a bit too.

6. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

My Vote is also 40's, and possibly home sewn, or a cheaper model judging by the stitching quality on the neckline. Its acetate taffeta for sure in my opinion.

7. Luna Junction

Luna Junction VFG Member

I agree with Nicole. My first thought was acetate taffeta, too.

8. Julie C.

Julie C. Registered Guest

I love this slip!! :)
    I have a few slips from the 1950s and they all have rather pointed bullet/conical style bust, this one doesn't so I also think it's from the 1940s.

9. LustNLuxVintage

Thanks ladies! Let me check the hardware, I don't think there is any but let me double check.

10. There has to be an opening or it couldn't be this shaped - unless the shape is from clipping.