1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infomation about Abalene blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jenny, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

Hi,
    I can't find any information about Abalene. I believe this is a 1950s blouse.
    ClothingV-11.jpg 20170224175011.JPG

2. HI Jenny - some questions please. Is it made of crepe de chine? Does it have buttons down the centre back? Is it shaped into the waist or boxy? If you're not sure, list the bust and waist measurements and we can see how much shape it has. Probably '40s but could be '60s I think.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I found a bit of information for you, about the Abalene Blouse & Sportswear Corp of NY. The things I will post here are pretty self-explanatory. The first two images are connected and are in order--and are from 1953. Note the incorrect spelling of Abalene in the last image, the obit.

IMG_6058.PNG IMG_6057.jpg IMG_6064.jpg

Jenny likes this.
  4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I don't know what the 1943 dissolution announcement was about. The last image, though, gives the contact name of Albert Cederbaum, so perhaps he eventually took over the business? The second (1954) image/obit gives the correct spelling of Abalene.

IMG_6066.jpg IMG_6049.jpg IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

Jenny likes this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

PLEASE NOTE that the images above are for educational purposes only and while some are available online, most of them cannot be used/reproduced in order to sell an item.

Jenny likes this.
  6. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

Thank you for the information and the warning, Lynne! :)

lkranieri likes this.