1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting Adele Simpson Coat - 70s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by blubirdboutique, Dec 16, 2010.

1. blubirdboutique

blubirdboutique Registered Guest

Hello :)

I sorta fell in love with this coat when I saw it. It has a really interesting tribal print and the back looks sort of Aztec-ish. It also reminds me of the ethnic prints that are so popular now. It's lined with a rayon crepe. The tag matches a 1960s tag on VFG label resource.

Any thoughts? Do you think it might have been part of a suit?

Thanks! :)

2. blubirdboutique

3. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

ooh, i LOVE this! what a fabulous border print, with great color palette.

i'm more inclined to 60s than 70s, especially with the rayon crepe lining. yes, undoubtedly it had a skirt, although the skirt was probably just trimmed in the print else it'd have been overwhelming. may have had a dress instead.

it's a jacket, btw. coats are long, jackets short :)

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Maybe (solid) pants? It has sort of an après ski/winter resort late '60's early '70's look to me.

Linn

5. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Love, love, love. That is all.

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I love this one! so rich, the main motif on the back almost has a Mayan Indian look about it!

7. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

That's a great jacket! It might have had a skirt or matching pants. I can see it with black flared pants and the jacket fabric as a wide trim around the hems.

I'm getting a very 1970-ish vibe from it--not much earlier, not much later. The print reminds me of some things I was wearing right about 1971.

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. blubirdboutique

Thank you everyone! :)