1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just to make sure...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by henryhotspur11, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henryhotspur11

henryhotspur11 Registered Guest

Hello VFG. I am a 19 year old University student trying to slowly work my way into the vintage world. I started off with some items my father left me (London Fog trench, Le Tigre Blazer, things of those sorts) and then I hit the web to start collecting vintage football (soccer) shirts. Well a friend of mine and I are trying to get a little bit more serious with our purchases but we need a resource to legit check, price check, and ask for guidance. I stumbled upon VFG and it looks pretty deep and comprehensive. I just wanted to use this post to double check some rules.

I'm looking at a Burberrys' short "golf" jacket (Best guess at naming it). I'm pretty sure the seller is legit but I want to make sure before I drop $90 bucks on pretty much the only thing I'm going to buy for a while (need a new spring jacket). I want to legit check and date it, but I read in the rules that you can not post links to things currently for sale.I think I get the rule straight up but I just want to double check before I post up images and stand in the wrong.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Hello HenryHotSpurII and welcome to the VFG and the vintage world ~

personally i'm not a Burberry expert, but we do have some members that are, and who might check in. i would suggest firstly checking out the label resource...here's the Burberry page

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/burberrys/

to give you a bit of background.

as long as you add images without an actual link to the sale, you should be just fine, as photos definitely help in dating an item.

and again, welcome! finding a niche market (vintage soccer shirts) is a great way to get started!

3. henryhotspur11

henryhotspur11 Registered Guest

Thanks for the reply Vintage Merchant. I've checked the label resource and it is not there. As a matter of fact, the label is very ornate and big which I found quite odd. I'll definitely post some photos soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.