1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT:Betty Moran?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by foofoogal, Jan 23, 2015.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I found this 1952 Baylor University Yearbook.
    I see this exquisite lady and her name is Betty Moran.

I also see where she was one of a bevy of young ladies that got to meet Bob Hope.

I know there was a Betty Moran that did do movies with Bob Hope.

Is this one in the same does anyone know?
    I flat cannot find a good photo of the actress Betty Moran.

Thought you all might like the vintage fashion on these ladies though.
    Thanks. Sandy

Attached Files:

2. foofoogal

Popular music has been a mainstay of Waco Hall concert lineups. In the 1940s and 1950s there were appearances by jazz legends Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald and Dizzy Gillespie and by pop performers such as Doris Day, the Four Freshmen and Henri Mancini. As popular musical tastes began changing in the 1960s, so did Waco Hall's concert offerings, showcasing performers such as Bread; Blood, Sweat and Tears; Captain and Tennille; Bachman-Turner Overdrive; John Denver; Tom Jones; Waylon Jennings and Amy Grant.

Legendary Baylor English Professor A.J. Armstrong brought some of the world's best poets to Waco Hall, including Robert Frost, Edwin Markham, Edna St. Vincent Millay and Carl Sandburg.

Hollywood legends have performed on the Waco Hall stage, including Helen Hayes in "Mary of Scotland" and "Victoria Regina," Katherine Hepburn in "The Philadelphia Story" and Dorothy Lamour in "Hello Dolly." Actors Charles Laughton and Claude Rains did one-man shows there, and when comedian Bob Hope brought his variety act to Waco Hall in 1949 he was made an honorary Noze Brother for his trouble.

3. foofoogal

Hmm..I guess noone knows. Maybe I was thinking about Betty Hutton.