Sos dating shoes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by Giuseppe, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:02 AM.

1. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered Guest

IMG_3325.JPG IMG_3326.JPG IMG_3327.JPG IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_3328.JPG IMG_3329.JPG IMG_3332.JPG

No markings underneath. The first ones have a sticker that says 1940s but i do not agree too much because of the machine printed serial number on the strap. A big thank you to anyone who is willing to help!

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

3. Giuseppe

Sorry, i am in a shoe galore right now and wanted to optimize this post!

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

6. Giuseppe

IMG_3338.JPG IMG_3339.JPG IMG_3340.JPG The first one. I doubt it' s from the 40s as it is labelled. Shouldn' t be the markings man written if it was from the 40s?

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

Not necessarily should they be hand written... Personally, I think these are early 50s, judging by the heel.

8. Giuseppe

IMG_3343.JPG IMG_3344.JPG Andrew Geller, hand written markings. To me these are late 50s to early 60s.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  9. Giuseppe

IMG_3346.JPG IMG_3345.JPG D' Agata Milano.

10. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

11. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

12. Giuseppe

IMG_3341.JPG IMG_3342.JPG Hand made in england.

13. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

14. Giuseppe

I do agree. I' ve been confused by doing my researches on internet and a LOT of Andrew Geller shoes with this mark were labelled 50s... can' t wait for my books to arrive and always open to new suggestions!!

15. Giuseppe

I have to get back to you because i don' t have the shoe with me right now. I can tell you that there are no markings on any of these shoes, like " real leather" or vero cuoio symbols.

16. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

Yes. A LOT may have been but I would disagree on this one. IF it's cusper, it's on the 60s side of the cusp.

17. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

Yes... if that's stamped the sole, it is early 80s at the earliest, my feeling.

18. Giuseppe

IMG_3347.JPG IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3349.JPG The only shoe i have all the pictures of, right now

19. Giuseppe

I had no doubts too on this one, 60s. Even the fabric used screams 60s. But then i let the internet get the best of me and that' s when the doubt was born hahahaha! By the way, THANK YOU Cinthia.

20. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

Boy, I would think early 90s on those... they are great!

I have no experience with the brand though, just going by styles of the time and the construction as I can see from here.