1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage-Fashion Buttons-PATTERNS PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lkranieri, Mar 3, 2014.

1. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:wow22:

A pattern treasure chest... That should keep you very busy for a while!

2. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

:wow22:....love these!

3. boncly

boncly VFG Member

I am in tears. This is killing me. Buttons and millions of old patterns??? I'm pretty sure my house in Heaven will be full of these things. SIGH. :wub: That is at LEAST a couple of centuries of pure, unadulterated JOY, playing with those! I will never get over my jealousy. EVER.

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  4. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

OMG, Swoon!!! :clapping:

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Lynne -

You didn't say that you purchased the chests or any of the patterns - just went back and photographed them and their contents. Do you plan to or did you buy any of them? What a great resource.

Linn

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I am sure many of you will not be surprised that the minute the door opened to the sale a woman literally ran to the basement and said she was buying the pattern cabinet ($30) and all the patterns (473 of them...I had to count them all).

7. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Oh no- I thought you have managed to buy them, how very sad :no:

8. Linn

Lynne - are/were you "that woman"??? You said you had to count them all?

Linn

9. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I was helping my friend run the sale. I was not the one who bought the cabinet and patterns.

10. Linn

Lynne -

I had a feeling from the way you wrote the post that you were not the "woman" who made a run for the cabinet. But then when you said you had counted the patterns I thought - maybe. She certainly got a "steal" on what appears to be a "steel" cabinet stuffed with amazing patterns.

Linn

11. boncly

boncly VFG Member

That is one lucky woman! :wow22: AND the cabinet. I would still be there counting them ... because I'd be oooh-ing and aaahhh-ing with each of them. LOL

12. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Just a small point of clarification re the patterns is that the cabinet alone sold for $30. The 473 patterns were sold for, I think, fifty cents each because she bought the lot.

...and there are about a dozen vintage metal zippers here that will probably be thrown out at the end of the sale. Some are about 28"-32" and are hefty. If they are just going to be thrown out, does anyone want them? I am happy to salvage them if they are not sold.

13. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

14. MissRita

MissRita Guest

:wow22: is all I can say. Even if I never sold again, would have never passed up all those great patterns!

15. Ara Arena

Ara Arena Registered Guest

:clapping: great find! :)