1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Pucci

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by carla rey, Aug 17, 2014.

1. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

I just wanted to share this amazing Pucci dress I found yesterday in a consignment shop window. Unbelievable low price, I thought the owner had quoted the price wrong for a moment because I asked her to repeat herself!! Not only is it fabulous, but it's my size! Straight away into my closet it goes!!! 2014-08-16 13.06.01.jpg

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

woohoobanannaemoti In a consignment shop????????? I have to shop in your neck of the woods! Congratulations!!

carla rey likes this.
  3. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

wow!!

carla rey likes this.
  4. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Barbara, yup! slightly posh Long Island neighborhood. No other vintage in the shop except this was in the window. I actually walked in and said, "How much is that Pucci in the window".

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

7. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

Lucky you!:clapping:

carla rey likes this.
  8. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Priceless!

9. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

The one with the waggely tail? :)

10. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

I do hope that Pucci's for sale!

11. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Finding a Pucci dress is on my bucket list. You lucky duck, Carla! And that it fits you as well, is simply stupendous!

StitchesandSnags and carla rey like this.
  12. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

That is quite shocking for a consignment shop! Poor consigner; still, they signed the paper...
    Are we going to see it modelled? pretty please? :drinking2:

carla rey likes this.
  13. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Wow! How exciting!! woohoobanannaemoti

Gail

carla rey likes this.
  14. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

LOL at the Pucci in the window... but now I can't get that song out of my head dogemoti

Nice find! I want to see it on you Carla!

15. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Great score, Carla! And I had to LOL over everyone completing a line from that song. ;)

carla rey likes this.
  16. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Here's a Pucci tidbit. I visited him several times in Florence and he was such an unassuming man and so generous with his time.

The fabrics were all printed as scarf prints so when made into dresses, they did some interesting things that you might not notice at first glance. Many seams and darts are at the edge of a border so they are very inconspicuous. When a straight border is used on a curved edge, it often has small darts to shape it.

He was the first to sew silk knits successfully in the early 60s. This was before Stephen Burrows who sewed knits a different way.

this dress had a circular skirt with a border at the hem. I couldn't find the original pix so here is the one I found on my Facebook page.

1074967_10200948517128725_1235191876_o.jpg

17. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

18. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Thanks Linda! I wear a lot of black so this will work well in my wardrobe.

Wow Claire! Thanks for sharing that wonderful photo!

I will model it eventually!!

19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I have two Pucci skirts on which I've noticed how cleverly they put the scarf-print to use. They also sewed the border on at the right length, but you can barely see the seam and would think the fabrich was just used that way. Amazing.

20. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

:wow22: