1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identify vintage YSL runway "PARIS" bracelet

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jacki O, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Jacki O

Jacki O Registered Guest

Hi, I would love any info on this wonderful signed YSL Made in France vintage PARIS bracelet. It is a very heavy metal. I took it to YSL store in Costa Mesa California. He took pictures and sent them to France store. No one there had any info on a piece that could have been made in the 40s or 50s and possibly one of a kind. Any help would be great as I have tried to research this bracelet for years and no one knows anything about it.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Whilst I haven't seen anything like this before, it is cool, I have to say! YSL started his own couture house in 1962 and his ready-to-wear line Rive Gauche in 1966. So it can't be 40s or 50s. Let's see if anyone else here knows more.

3. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

agree it cant be 40s or 50s as he worked for Dior in the late 50s and in the 40s he would have been a teenager???

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Does it say made in france below the YSL logo? What did the guys in France have to say about it?

Can you find out what sort of metal it is made from?
    I looked up the trademark for YSL and they included fine jewellery right from 1962. Your bracelet however looks as though it may be 'costume' jewellery i.e. not made of precious metals. The only trademark I have found for YSL specifically mentioning costume jewellery dates from 2008.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  5. Jacki O

Jacki O Registered Guest

It is stamped underneath YSL Made in France. I am still trying to identify it!

6. Jacki O

Jacki O Registered Guest

I am still looking for help!

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jacki - unfortunately I still can't say more... maybe you could contact the Musée YSL in Paris - they might know more?

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Hi there. I think this is from the late 80s-early 90s. I would test it for silver. I don't think it is (YSL stamped their silver most of the time, this era) but rather a metal alloy mix, but test it so you know what you have.

It would be nice if YSL Paris could help out because you're going to want to price it high. I think it's a unique piece.

9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I am getting an early 90s vibe from this also.....