1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impossible label ID from tiny corner of a letter...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Slimewarp, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Slimewarp

Slimewarp Registered Guest

This is a long shot, but can anyone help with a potential ID or info about this vintage leather jacket. It was my grandmother's and I know nothing about it. DSC_1908.JPG DSC_1912-1.jpg DSC_1911-1.jpg DSC_1910-1.jpg

2. No other labels? It will help if you can photograph it being worn but the shape looks like it could be circa 1980: late '70s to early '80s.

These were often made in bulk by manufacturers and sold to retailers who might put their own labels in, so if you want to know the designer, it could be hard. It's an unusual shape though.

Slimewarp likes this.
  3. Slimewarp

No other tags besides the ones in the photos. The lining is a satiny olive green, very high shine. Here are a few pics i just took wearing the jacket. It is an interesting shape, relatively boxy and structured, short, almost cropped waist. Its also collarless which i love. snap closure and cuffs. Im pretty new to the world of leather ID and care, so I want to figure out as much as I can about this jacket before I attempt to clean/condition and restore it for myself.

The brand itself would be nice, but its not necessary to know I suppose. Any input or ID help is super helpful! Ive been learning so much on this site/these forums over the last few months, its such a vast and amazing resource!

4. Slimewarp

5. Thanks for the extra pics, I'm sticking with the same date. It may have had a matching pencil skirt originally. Great hair, BTW.

Slimewarp likes this.
  6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is a great jacket, I see 1960s.

Slimewarp likes this.
  7. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

I see Courreges inspired 1960s too.

Slimewarp likes this.
  8. I, too, see nice '60s style but thought the label was too detailed for the earlier time, and had a grey wool jacket with a similar style in '81.

Slimewarp likes this.
  9. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I see late 1960's also.

Slimewarp likes this.
  10. Slimewarp

Thanks everyone, late 60s would be more in line with my grandma's history, she was a model in her 20s and worked for various department stores (Gimbels, primarily). I was fortunate enough to have been able to save some of her clothing, including another AMAZING bleach wash tie dye, black and white, heavy denim jacket that is more like a tent of how big it is! I cant find any info on the web about that coat becasue the brand is "In Accessories", so its impossible to google.

11. Slimewarp

this is a photo of the denim jacket, its super heavy and my favorite piece maybe ever. denim tie dye jacket.jpg