1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talked about the VFG on This Retro Life Podcast—

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by denisebrain, May 30, 2018.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

2. :clapping::clapping:Great interview, Maggie!

Nice to put a voice to a face :)

denisebrain likes this.
  3. denisebrain

Thanks for listening Deborah! :)

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Listening to you now! Just finished....great interview!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    denisebrain likes this.
  5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

6. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

Excellent interview! And, I agree--it's neat to finally hear Maggie's voice! :clapping:

7. denisebrain

My Skype-y/nervous-sounding voice! nervous emoti I wasn't actually nervous, but my husband says I sound that way on this. I do speak incredibly slowly next to Kia. It's a Western US thing I guess. crazy chickenThank you all for listening!

cmpollack likes this.
  8. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

That was awesome. Your mention of us and your pseudo degree was great. I'm adding that to my resume..haha.

I never like to hear my voice recorded. I am always like, ewww, I sound like that?

9. denisebrain

Exactly!

Thanks for listening Caryn ("Pseudo-Dean" :USING:)

peaceful vintage likes this.
  10. poppysvintageclothing

11. Listened to every word, Maggie! I now know why it's "Denise Brain"! I didn't think you sounded nervous at all. You seemed to be a natural. Wonderful interview and thank you for sharing with your fellow VFG classmates! You truly make our world brighter!

12. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I thoroughly enjoyed your interview. Thank you for so ably representing us. Brain is so well chosen in your vintage name.
    Marian

13. denisebrain

:hysterical:

Thank you Bonnie, and Marian, for your wonderful comments. :wub: I love how Kia put together so many aspects of what I do in 20 minutes!

14. poppysvintageclothing

She was a good interviewer and you were a great interviewee!!! Love that word...interviewee!

denisebrain likes this.
  15. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Same here...!

Anyway, great interview, loved listening to it!

denisebrain likes this.
  16. Great interview, Maggie!

There's nothing worse than the sound of your own voice, recorded. Always embarrassing, somehow. Well, for me, there's one thing worse -- hearing my name announced publicly. I could crawl in a hole. Have always loathed my name.

denisebrain likes this.
  17. denisebrain

Isn't it weird how sensitive we can be about these things? I video-ed myself speaking before a public speaking engagement a few months ago, and I got so freaked out about how I *looked* speaking that I got incredibly self-conscious. It didn't help my speaking engagement! oopsemotiAt least I dressed well. :)

18. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

ok, just getting around to listening to this wonderful interview, Maggie!! so, before i forget: put me on your book list, please, and, if you have, i'd love to see a photo of your shoe rack in your LR, as well as your Clair McCardell and Bonnie Cashin hoarded collections, please???

also love the VFG PhD term, and it's so lovely to hear the sound of your voice after all these years! xoxo

wow!