1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from south Texas!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by rusty_apache, Aug 6, 2018.

1. rusty_apache

rusty_apache Registered Guest

I’ve been collecting and wearing vintage since 1980. It’s nice because nobody ever showed up wearing an identical shirt and I have probably saved many thousands over the years.

I am going to attempt to make a wheelmen’s uniform to go along with my 1887 high wheeled ordinary bicycle. I have the patterns. I just have to lay out the frogging on front and the filigree on the sleeves.
    While I own, operate and maintain a few sewing machine and use them for simple tasks, I have never attempted a project this involved before. Nothing to lose but a little time and material!

2D522C37-9BE8-41B9-921C-8D17B58CD20A.jpeg

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Hello Rusty_Apache -- Your wheelmen's uniform project sounds fascinating.

It would be fun to see pics of it during the construction process, if time allows. Do you belong to any touring clubs?

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

what a project! bravo for you!

I, too, would love to see a series of photos of your process and your end product, if you would. :) best of luck with it!

4. rusty_apache

rusty_apache Registered Guest

I belong to the Wheelmen, a group that celebrates the infancy and history of cycling pre 1933. Unfortunately Texas has few members and events because we are scattered all over the state.
    I appreciate the interest in this project and welcome any advice since I don’t really know what I’m doing!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.