1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Augusta Auctions Fashion Sale - Featuring Katharine Hepburn Estate

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Metro Retro Vintage, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

VFG member Karen Augusta of Augusta Auctions, will be presenting the NYC Fashion & Textile Auction on Wednesday, October 24 at noon, with a special offering of couture and personal items from the estate of Hollywood icon Katharine Hepburn.

Previews will be held on Tuesday, October 23 from noon to 7pm, and from 9am to noon on the day of sale.

You can view the auction catalog online as well as download a PDF copy. Absentee bid forms are also available or you can sign up with Live Auctioneers for remote online bidding.

beachpajamas.jpg

Beach Pajama Sets, 1930s-40s.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

So many breathtaking pieces, I didn't know which to swoon over first!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Metro Retro Vintage

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Thanks Laura, you just gave me an excuse to waste 1.5 hours! :hysterical: (and I could have spent 3 times as long!)

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  6. Metro Retro Vintage

Lol! A feast for the eyes for sure!

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

8. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Wow! it's a super auction. I'm going to have to look into shipping as I'd really love to bid on a couple of items. I think my absolute favourite is the 1940's green velvet gown with appliqué flowers.

Anyone else think lot 386 sequin bustier on the left could be Gianni Versace Teatro range? It does not state the designer but looks like it comes from the 19991 collection. I'm thinking the one on the right might be Yves Saint Laurent...Edit: I was wrong about the designer, I emailed them and got a reply :) still beautiful!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  9. Metro Retro Vintage

Just two more days! Remember -- you can bid online via Live Auctioneers.