1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Fashion History Tour – Book Now

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Metro Retro Vintage, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

VFG Member Charlotte Smith, owner of The Darnell Collection, will be hosting the Charlotte Smith UK Fashion History Tour, which will be departing from various locations in Australia.

You can join the tour from anywhere in the world, with the “land only” price converted into your local currency.

Bookings are currently taking place for the 20-day tour, which departs on August 2, 2019, and will explore and celebrate all things fashion, food, and lifestyle.

For a peek look and full itinerary, just click on the tour guide flip book. -- or visit the Charlotte Smith Fashion Collection online.

FashionTour.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. Metro Retro Vintage

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Metro Retro Vintage

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

My DIL is interested in this tour. I checked out the websites, but there is little if no, bio information about Charlotte. Friends in Au, can you help me? Thanks, C

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Hi Claire -- Charlotte Smith is the owner of The Darnell Collection, and has taught and toured around the world and authored several books featuring the collection.

You can catch a brief overview in this video...

8. claireshaeffer

Thanks, Laura,
    I know who she is, but there's little info about her except the inheritance which she wrote about. When she wrote Dreaming of Chanel, she didn't own a Chanel.

9. She owns a Chanel now: a classic '60s suit she bought in a NY auction if I recall correctly. She had it restored and wears it on occasion.

Charlotte's program looks great: would love to go.

Charlotte is or was a VFG member too.

10. claireshaeffer

Thanks, Nicole,
    I wrote and asked a variety of questions which she has answered. I have some additional questions and will post all when I hear from her.
    The tour looks very interesting and, even though it isn't cheap, it includes a lot.
    Both my husband and DIL have indicated some interest although neither are interested in fashion so I have to see what they can do.
    Hopefully, all is well with you.

11. Metro Retro Vintage

12. claireshaeffer

Here's a brief recap of my questions to Charlotte.
    The venues are interesting enough for fellow travelers who are not interested in fashion.
    The maximum number is 24; the minimum, 8. The cut off date is April if there are not enough.
    In addition to Charlotte, the group will have someone in charge of details that are not fashion related--checking the group in and out, etc.
    Travel will be a large bus to accommodate the group and purchases made along the way.
    C

GemGem and Metro Retro Vintage like this.
  13. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Some really fantastic destinations on this tour. I am London based though. I have sent an enquiry asking if it's possible to join the tour at different places. I'd love to go for a few days! One or two places really catching my eye.

14. Metro Retro Vintage

GemGem likes this.
  15. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I'm London based though and have been to the V&A exhibits and some of the others close by several times. It's also way out of my budget even if i had the time for the whole tour. I was wondering if theres an option to join for a weekend or a few days for a selected leg of the journey. It's a big ask so i'll have to wait and see the response I get.

But of course i'd love to go!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  16. Metro Retro Vintage

Bookings are still being accepted, but you must act fast! So don't miss out!

17. claireshaeffer

My DIL and I are planning to go. This is a very small group so I encourage you to join us.