1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help dating pink poofy princess dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aimee, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

hello all - any help dating this dress would be much appreciated. seems like it may be shantung silk, not 100% sure. dress has shoulder pads, cloth covered buttons up the front & has two tiers with a lining under the last tier. some delicate beading on collar. came with matching drawstring purse & belt. thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.48.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.47.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.46.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.45.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.45.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.45.31 AM.png

2. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

3. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

What a charming set!
    I say 1950s, as well.

Aimee and wyogems like this.
  4. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

Thank you! : )

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Hello! I had exactly this style dress but it was commercially made. It was cotton but just like this. I dated it to late 50s, around 58 or 59, with the help of the granddaughter of the designer who designed for her own company off French designs... she was a couple years behind the couture and her company was out of California. If I can figure out the name, I'll share here. If. lol

The grand-daughter purchased it for her mother, as a special Mother's Day gift.

6. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

Love the back story, Cin! Thank you so so much :wub: