1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aimbry garment by Brook,Taverner & Co. Ltd

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Dave Peckham, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Dave Peckham

Dave Peckham Registered Guest

I have come across a terylene coat with a label which says "An Aimbry garment by Brook, Tavener & Co. Ltd."
    and am interested to know it's age? I'm thinking late 50's early 60's but any help / information would be great (3 pictures attached)

_G3A8965.jpg _Y6A8767.jpg _Y6A8764.jpg

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I would think it's early 60s 1960-64ish, in the late 60s men's overcoats get quite short, and by the 1970s trench coats or double breasted coats are more typical. The hidden placket makes me think not earlier than 1960 - it seems just too streamlined for the 50s to me.

Vinclothes likes this.
  3. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I thought 1960's also, but didn't ring in because I coulddn't articulate why. But Jonathan did it admirably. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your knowledge, Jonathan.
    Marian

4. Dave Peckham

Thanks for you input, i think you may be right, it's definitely more fitted than the big 50s rain coats, I've got an Aquascutum coat from the 50s (i think) and the cut is all round bigger, will post some details of it when I get a chance. Thanks again Dave.

5. Dave Peckham

So glad i stumbled on this forum, so much knowledge!