1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Bra Help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Egosummanes, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Egosummanes

Egosummanes Registered Guest

I found a bra that is circle stitched, but has plastic shoulder strap adjusters. There's no label, but I'm fairly certain this is cotton. What era is this bra? I'm quite confused.

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Please post a photo. It could be a repro bra

3. Egosummanes

This photo is from where I bought it from.

Attached Files:

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Can you post more pics of the interior, seams, etc? This could be vintage... someone might've replaced those clips along the way.

5. Egosummanes

I highly doubt this is repro, but I am just not sure of the era. I know the circle stitch was popular in the 50s, but the clips are plastic. That makes me think 60s, but in the sixties the stitches would be different. I'm just so confused!

Attached Files:

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

It's just really hard to see the details needed to determine era... INTERIOR seam photos help as well as CLOSE up of the other details like elastic and clips. Even if the clips a modern replacement (which I think), how they are attached is important.

Good luck with it!

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I am seeing more of a 50s bra here. Very interesting with all that stitching!

8. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

I think you have a very early 60's bra, it is adorable. I used to collect vintage Bra's, and have seen many 1960's bras with plastic fittings.Often they look very 1950s in the cup shape.

9. Egosummanes

That is kind of what i was thinking. Thank you!

sewingmachinegirl likes this.