1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who is the designer?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by claireshaeffer, Feb 19, 2020.

1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Anne, it is Mackie. Congratulations!

The story is that it was made for Cher. I did not find a picture of her wearing it. I haven't ripped any seams, but I can feel horsehair (about 4" wide) inside.
    I haven't steamed it and it was crammed into my carry-on roller bag to bring it home. That was a 2-person job. It's resting in a living room chair until I can find a place to store it.

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

3. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I'm sort of surprised I got it right, but who else did such outrageous and delicious designs? LOL.

I thought of him immediately, and in searching images on google, found several "bubbly" and "petal-y" designs.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Distantdetails and cmpollack like this.
  4. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I think you need a room addition for this! :)

5. claireshaeffer

When you look at the picture Maggie posted, the question is: Is this a jacket or a dress? It may depend on who you are and where you are going.

6. claireshaeffer

Anne, my rule is that you can have as many guesses as you want, but only one at a time. C

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hurrah! You are so lucky to have this.

Great guess, Anne!

MyVintageCocktail likes this.
  8. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Love this thread. Great job, Anne! :cheer:
    Thank you, Claire.

9. We should do more of this......it was so much fun to read all the comments and finally see the answer! Thanks, Claire! And, congratulations to Anne for having a keen eye!

MyVintageCocktail likes this.
  10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member