1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunshine Neckwear LA tie help with info. Photos

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by trifive, Mar 17, 2020.

1. trifive

trifive Registered Guest

Hi all. Wondering if anyone knows anything about this tie company. The tag says SUNSHINE NECKWEAR Los Angeles hand tailored and then on the back resilient construction a patent number and the date Feb 27 1923.
    I can't seem to find anything about this company, the tie or it's possible value.

thanks so much for any info/help given

Attached Files:

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

That's super cool! I love the typeface. I'm seeing 20s or 30s. How long/wide is it/

3. trifive

trifive Registered Guest

I know it's a fun type face. The tie is 48" long X 3" wide. I'm really intrigued due to not finding any information on google about this company.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I found this. Looks like it was a manufacturer in the 1920s. 349 S Los Angeles St was there location.

Attached Files:

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

7. trifive

trifive Registered Guest

WOW Cinbyhand you really went on an above in helping me out. I wonder how one would determine a value for resell purposes on this tie and if it was actually made in the 1920s or not??

8. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

I had no idea there was a patent on the construction of the necktie.
    Excellent sleuthing, Cin!!!

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I would think it was made in the 20s... I have a chart somewhere with dating ties... width and length are particular to the decade. But this is probably 20s.

About valuation, you would need to just cruise the Net for comps of similar ties from the era not necessarily the label. The person shopping for a 20s tie will be searching by era and design not label/maker. We here don't offer price evaluations. That's for you to dig into on your own with the info we can provide.

And it was fun to help you! I love ties!

10. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Thanks! I love reading old patents so that's the first place I went when I saw that number.