1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help dating big e levis 501xx

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by amimitl666, Oct 14, 2020.

1. amimitl666

amimitl666 Registered Guest

Hello guys, recently got that pair and wondering if these are just fake or actual vintage. It is non-selvedge and it looks like buttons were repaired/reattached. Thank you for any kind of help.

Attached Files:

2. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I wish I knew more about Levi's to really help you! Hopefully somebody will jump in here!!

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

There was a reissue at some point, which I think used the big E, but I don't know much about it.

wyomingvintage likes this.
  4. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

Can you post a full shot of the jeans and close ups on the tag, rivets and buttons ?

5. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

I agree this is the reissue I also don’t know much about it ‍♀️

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Where were they made or fabricated? That can help determine age on the re-issues which I think these are.

7. Vintage Linens Lover

Vintage Linens Lover Registered Guest

Original Levis had copper rivets and the rivets were stamped L.S. & Co. SF. the leather tag looks a bit off to me but its hard to tell. there should be another silver rivet with a number stamped on it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  8. Vintage Linens Lover

Vintage Linens Lover Registered Guest

The reg tag levis with the big E were introduced in 1936.