1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying undergarment/slip

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Blondzai, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

My stepmom recently found a bag in the attic that had her (no longer with us) moms wedding dress, satin hoop underskirt from the 40s, what appeared to be some even older kids bonnets and blankets and finally this delicate underskirt. I suppose it could have gone under the wedding dress but I wasn’t sure since it was pink and looked older that the dress. Any information about it would be great, specifically dating and if it would have been worn with the wedding dress or something else.
    Thanks!
    I also included their wedding photo in case it might help. How cute are they?!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Slip looks Edwardian so I don't think it was worn under the wedding dress which looks 40s.

3. Blondzai

Yeah the dress is from 43 I believe. And I thought the slip looked much older. Just wasn’t sure why it was in the bag with the wedding dress.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Maybe it was the “SOMETHING OLD, something new...” for her wedding day?

Vintagiality, MagsRags and Blondzai like this.
  5. Blondzai

That’s what I was thinking! I thought maybe borrowed because I couldn’t remember the whole saying something old makes total sense.