1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betsey Johnson dress dating

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by kittenteethvintage, Dec 20, 2020.

1. kittenteethvintage

kittenteethvintage VFG Member

I picked up a cute purple crushed velvet dress by Betsey Johnson, but cannot pin down the date. To me, I could see this dress being from anywhere between 90s-today, style-wise. Anyone familiar with this item, or maybe when this pink tag was used?

Note- this dress is strapless, but since the size is so small, it did not fit my mannequin so I had to improvise to 'show' it on a form, that's why you see the pink hanger straps and clothespins on the last/front pic. :)

20201115_155736 (2).jpg 20201115_160048 (2).jpg 20201115_161107 (2).jpg

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Isn't the pink label within the last 10 years?

3. kittenteethvintage

Yeah, I have no idea. The dress style seems like it could span a range of years, but it very well could be more recent. I just don't personally know. Hoping someone here has definite knowledge of it and can pin it down. :)

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Ok. Definite knowledge says 2000s, latter. ; )

5. kittenteethvintage

Perfect, thanks! I thought it may be more recent, it's in pretty good condition. Wish I fit it, lol.

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

8. kittenteethvintage

Thanks for the extra info- it really helps!

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Happy to help!

10. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Yes definitely post 2010. The crushed velvet is reminiscent of the early 80s punk label pieces that were brought back in the 90s.

11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member