1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating a Gloverall coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lianne, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Lianne

Lianne Registered Guest

I was wondering if anyone could please help me date this Gloverall coat. I contacted Gloverall and asked for help dating this coat as well as another one and a cape, but unfortunately they weren’t able to help me. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. A quick google search points toward that being a fairly recent label... but I did find one similar that is being identified as 1990s. Is there anything on the other side of the black label?
    I've always wanted a Gloverall duffle!

3. Lianne

Lianne Registered Guest

Here is the other side of the label. There was also another label, but it is very difficult to read.

Attached Files:

4. poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Agree with Karin: from the labels I see '90s as the earliest. It's like a Paddington Bear duffle coat, but in red.

lkranieri and denisebrain like this.
  7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

If I'd only seen the main Gloverall label, I'd have thought it much older. This kind of ruins my theory that you don't usually really see Made In England after the 70s/80s. I guess it's the exception that proves the rule.

Agree with everyone else that all those languages mean 90s at the earliest.

8. Lianne

Lianne Registered Guest

Thank you for your help everyone, I appreciate it.