1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone recognize this symbol from a leather bag?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Kitty, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Kitty

Kitty Registered Guest

It looks like a P, or an A. Its on a nice 1970sblack leather purse. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Kitty

Kitty Registered Guest

No, it has nothing else. The symbol is on the zipper pull too. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. I added a photo of the bag incase anyone knows what it is..

Attached Files:

4. Midge

Interesting bag shape... unfortunately it doesn't ring a bell with me. Maybe someone else is familiar with this logo.

5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

The closest guess would be an early Pierre Cardin vintage bag but it's not quite right. Could you post pictures of the lining/interior? Dating it might help with finding vintage designers/fashion houses which may no longer exist.

6. Kitty

Kitty Registered Guest

sure here you go. I appreciate 86D806E4-B889-4E31-A212-31973C527E22_1_201_a.jpeg A05C7EDC-4B4F-4C34-ADFB-334DA09CABFF_1_105_c.jpeg A7923613-98A2-4BFE-9C25-071780D7496D_1_105_c.jpeg C7953879-1121-4F07-AAFB-8ED28AEAE040_1_105_c.jpeg all help!

7. Kitty

Kitty Registered Guest

I found a label, inside, it was hiding from me! Nazareno Gabrielli

Attached Files:

Midge and MagsRags like this.
  8. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

There is a bit documented on this Italian company.

Started in 1907, Nazareno Gabrielli was a leather book binder and engraver. By 1922 was selling all sorts of leather accessories.

Later it went into designer clothing. Over the years, expansion, acquisitions, funding, recessions and yes a family feud, tore apart an established company.

As far as I can gather the brand Nazareno Gabrielli, ( 1907 ) is owned by another company.

The photos suggest to me an 80s bag if not later.

9. Kitty

Kitty Registered Guest

Thanks for the info!- I did see that info too once I finally found the inside tag.

10. Midge