1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can any one tell me what make my boots are?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Leslie Johnson, May 3, 2021.

1. Leslie Johnson

Leslie Johnson Registered Guest

Hi, can anyone tell me what make my boots are , they have made in England on the inner soles & a dagger / sword with the letters G&H either side (see photos), thanks for your help DSCF3221.JPG DSCF3226.JPG DSCF3226.JPG DSCF3227.JPG

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Leslie Johnson

Hi, i hope this helps us both, many thanks DSCN0043.JPG DSCN0044.JPG DSCN0045.JPG

4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hi, I think these may be quite recent. A high end hand made/lasted Chelsea boot. But they could be earlier too. The elasticated sides look in very good condition which would likely indicate more recent too as it tends to disintegrate with time. They could potentially be 'Gieves and Hawkes' but I have not seen them with a sword to the sole before. They are certainly in that bracket of quality shoe maker.

Flannery Crane likes this.
  5. Leslie Johnson

Hi, thanks for your help, i was thinking Gieves & Hawkes as well, but as you mentioned the sword is a bit confusing, many thanks.