1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help dating this Joseph Ribkoff top and skirt.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Seller77, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Seller77

Seller77 Registered Guest

Hi guys,

Well I bought this set yesterday not knowing anything about the designer (I’m in the U.K.)

There are some loose threads and some beading missing and there are two slight stains inside the top which isn’t affecting the outside of it at all. So this outfit has seen better days and being a complete newbie to Joseph’s work I stuck it up on eBay yesterday for a few quid and thought nothing more of it.... until just now when I googled their vintage stuff and now my mind is all over the place, so I quickly took it down off eBay and now I’m wondering just how old this outfit is and what it would be worth?

Any information about this set is greatly appreciated. Sorry about the photos, I don’t have my mannequin.

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Here is a good article on Joseph Ribkoff from the Clothing Canada Fashion Site
    Code:
    http://www.clothingcanadafashion.com/canadian-manufacturer-joseph-ribkoff/
    I am not familiar with that actual couture label from the company. I believe I remember the country labels dating to the 90s.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I think it is likely late 90s-mid 200s, I have had a few pieces from this period all with labels similar.

4. Seller77

Hi Gem, would you hazard a guess as to what the set might be worth? Thanks!

5. Seller77

Hi Poppy your link doesn’t work on my end, it may be restricted access?

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

You just have to copy the link itself and paste it into your URL bar.

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

We do not give valuations here on the forums - value always depends on many different factors. What you could do is check the prices of sold items on Ebay to get an idea.

GemGem likes this.
  8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Canadian manufacturers used the colour coded care symbol system (green (go ahead), amber (caution), and red (don’t try)) until 2003 when it was dropped to harmonize with the American (NAFTA) and (ISO) standards, so it can't date after 2003.