1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a market for antique beaded purses?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by susumar, Jul 19, 2021.

1. susumar

susumar Registered Guest

I inherited this beautiful purse framed. Under glass it appears to be in perfect condition (from the front) I’m wondering if it would be worth it to take it out of the frame and try to sell it? My daughter isn’t interested in it but I would think someone would be. Or do you think I could sell it framed? Thanks. 7CE1519D-1396-4309-86F8-63B1A2A793C5.jpeg 4DD721C3-398B-4C9D-861F-036A3C352412.jpeg B0CDB819-50AF-49FF-BBB9-11BB61B24D6E.jpeg

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

It is beautiful. While the market and prices for antique purses has gone down quite a bit over the past 10 years, many collectors are still out there buying. Prices are not what they used to be, so be forewarned. However, your purse has a lot going for it. The frame is really lovely from what I can see, set with jadite stones and quite fancy. The roses motif is a plus, roses never seem to go out of fashion. And the roses are pink! It really is, in my opinion, a bit above average in looks, and is (you say) in great shape.

I think most collectors would prefer to buy it out of the frame. The shipping on a frame is quite high now and that might be a deterrent to some people on the pricing. Maybe not, just my opinion. You will have to take it out of frame to sell it, as buyers will want to see the other side and the condition, and the interior. All these things will impact the price. If it has roses on both sides, that is a plus.

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

GemGem likes this.
  4. NylonNostalgia

NylonNostalgia VFG Member

As per Barbara and Mary, I'd take it out of the frame. I would hope that by putting it in the frame hasn't caused it to have one side more faded than the other, colour-wise, because only one side was exposed to the light. It's lovely!

GemGem likes this.
  5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

What a fantastic resource, perfect mid morning break discovery! Thank you for sharing

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  6. susumar

susumar Registered Guest

Thank you all for your very helpful replies - much appreciated!

Midge likes this.