1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice on this Burberry Vintage label ? I’ve looked and not seen a Wanamaker

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Roses, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

Hi! Anyone know the possible date of this label?

Attached Files:

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

John Wanamaker was a well know high end store in Philadelphia.

Here is some information about them from our Label Resource (on our Website.)

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/wanamaker-john/

You can also check for Burberrys. If you show us the garment the label is in, we may be able to help you date it. We know it's earlier than 1986, when Wanamaker was sold and absorbed into it's new owner's brand.

Roses likes this.
  3. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

4. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

Wow! Thank you so much for the information on Wanamakers

5. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

I believe it’s a Burberry Trench no clue the year..thought the label may help

Attached Files:

6. Linn

Very classic. Can you take a photo that shows the collar a bit better. That might help with dating along with the length - and if it has a belt.

Roses likes this.
  7. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

It was in a closet for a long time at my mothers..I know there is belt loops..I will look again for belt..it’s long..I’m 5’9 and it is past my knees. I’ll post the collar

8. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

Collar

Attached Files:

9. Roses

Roses Registered Guest

Collar

Attached Files:

10. Linn

If possible please show us a picture of the front of entire coat buttoned, belted, and button that shows the lines of the collar. The Burberrys label didn't change much so seeing the style of the collar and the length- even though it is a classic trench may help in dating it. From what I can tell in our Label Resource, it could be anywhere from the 1960s - 1980s.

If it was your mother's can you ask her when she got it - and if not, do you remember when she might have worn it?

11. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Also are there any other internal labels? It would be good to see a photo of the whole of it from the front and as Linn states because it will show the intended shape of the mac.