1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you help date this skirt please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Izabela, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Izabela

Izabela Registered Guest

Can you please hep me to date this skirt? Im quite new to vintage clothing and will appreciate your input. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

It is a very sturdy fabric that brings to mind uniforms or some sort of utility. If the hem appears to be at the original length I can imagine this dating from the late 50s to early 60s, OR the mid 1940s. Not much help from me, sorry!

Vintagiality likes this.
  3. Izabela

Izabela Registered Guest

Thank you so much for your response :)

denisebrain likes this.
  4. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hi,

I think early corporate wear, early 70s.

Izabela likes this.
  5. It would help to see the seam width, how the seams and hem have been sewn, the zipper pull too.

But on the available information, Maggie is right: could be mid '40s, could be '50s or '60s. These classic styles were used in a number of eras so that's why construction details can make all the difference.

Vintagiality likes this.
  6. Izabela

Izabela Registered Guest

Thank you for your advice. I have taken some additional photos. It looks like partially hand sewn . Ive seen it in some vintage pieces but as Im new I m still not sure what it means :)

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for the additional pics. I don't recognise the zipper brand but by the construction and minimal seam allowance, I think this piece is likely to be '60s rather than earlier.

denisebrain and Izabela like this.
  8. Izabela

Izabela Registered Guest

Thank you for taking time to respond :)