1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen this Sears label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Juliaf1962, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Juliaf1962

Juliaf1962 Registered Guest

This vintage shirt looks like it's from the 1970s the label says Amoni exclusively for Sears. At first glance it looks like it says Armani. I got this shirt when eBay first opened I believe in 1995 someone was selling it with the label the ugliest shirt ever made. I bought it for five bucks and the shirt I got was this 1970's polyester long sleeve that has pictures of black soul bands with their instruments and afros cartoon style. Does anyone know anything about this label. Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

We don't have this label in our Label Resource either, though the Sears logo as on your label is similar as on one of our labels from the 70s. Can you please post photos of the whole shirt so that we can see it's shape? And does it have any care labels? If it does, please post those too. The print looks fun and like it could be 70s, but seeing the whole garment and any care label might give more clues. I read it as "Amani", not Amoni, by the way :).

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  3. Juliaf1962

Attached Files:

4. Juliaf1962

Hello thanks for your message! Here is a picture of the shirt. Polyester for sure , 1970's style. I wonder who Amoni is? It almost looks like they were trying to trick you into thinking it says Armani. There are no care instructions unfortunately.

Attached Files:

5. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

That's a great fun shirt, 70s and yeah, it does say Amani.

Juliaf1962 and Midge like this.